Hosting in the Cloud vs. On-premise
What’s right for you?
Many companies find it difficult to decide between deploying an on-premise Environment or Cloud environment. While both are great options, each individual business has unique needs that are used to determine which solution is the best fit for your business. We have broken down the pros and cons of both deployment options to simplify your business decision.
- Public Cloud (SaaS) & Private Cloud (PaaS) options
- Low upfront costs, no long-term commitment
- Pay as you go
- Reduced deployment timeline
- Easy access from any location
- Vendor is responsible for hardware upgrades
- Easily scalable for low to mid-size companies
- Users are not responsible for maintaining the environment
- Better performance in certain areas (e.g. printing, wireless scanning)
- Easy access to the data for backups and disaster recovery
- More control because you own the license
- Ability to create and manage test environments
- Tighter integration with other software applications
- Direct SQL access for integrations or reporting
- Not reliant on internet connection
Excalibur® WMS can operate every facet of your warehouse and keep you on the cutting edge of technology.
Complete Warehouse Management Solution especially for third-party logistics, public warehouses, public refrigerated warehouses, and packaging fulfillment operations
Multi-client, client-owned Inventory management
Run as a stand-alone Billing and Inventory system for 3PL warehouses, or integrate with a full suite of financial management and accounting modules available for the Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP system